chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up arrow-back star phone quote

UNDERSTANDING THE IMPORTANCE OF MOLD REMOVAL

If you have experienced flooding in your home due to severe weather or a plumbing issue like a leaky pipe, you may want to look into mold remediation in Baltimore. A flooded basement may be a breeding ground for mold, and some types of mold can be extremely dangerous to humans and animals. Prompt mold removal can ensure that your family and pets are kept safe after a flooding experience. Read on if you are interested in gaining a better understanding of the importance of mold removal.

Mycotoxins

While not all types of mold are dangerous, certain kinds can produce toxic substances that are harmful to humans and animals. Toxins produced by mold are called mycotoxins, and they have been known to cause a range of symptoms in humans. Symptoms may be as mild as rashes and nausea or as severe as liver damage, central nervous system complications, and cancer. Humans can be exposed to mycotoxins via ingestion, inhalation, or direct contact with the skin. Some types of mold can produce a variety of mycotoxins at once, while other types will only produce mycotoxins when the conditions are right. It is known that mycotoxins can be dangerous, but there is still much to learn about these toxins.

Allergies and Asthma

Mold growth can be a serious issue for those who suffer from asthma, allergies, or other preexisting respiratory conditions. Those who are sensitive to mold may experience allergic reactions comprised of symptoms like dermatitis, sneezing, and red eyes. The mold does not necessarily have to be alive in order to produce these reactions, and there may be a delay between contact and symptoms expression. An individual may develop a sensitivity to mold or experience exaggerated sensitivity after repeated exposure.

Spores

Mold remediation is a task that should be left up to a professional service to ensure effective and lasting results. Spores are microscopic cells that allow mold to reproduce. After they are produced they may live for several years and carry allergens that remain active after they die. A professional mold removal service can thoroughly rid your home of mold and its symptoms.