Basement Sump Pump Repair Services
A sump pump can help you avoid the stress of a flooded basement. Sump pumps work around the clock, providing a valuable line of defense for your home and your belongings. At Budget Waterproofing Inc, we offer a variety of effective crawl space and basement waterproofing solutions, including sump pump repair, maintenance, and replacement in Baltimore.
How a Sump Pump Works
Sump pumps are actually quite simple systems—however, a sump pump offers peace of mind if you are concerned about a flooded basement or crawl space. A sump pump typically has three major components, which work together to sense and eliminate excess water from your wet basement.
- The sump pit houses the pump itself and is located in the lowest part of your home, which is typically an unobtrusive corner of your basement or crawl space. A lined sump pit is fed by a drain that draws water from the soil around your home, while a gravel sump pit simply absorbs water from the surrounding terrain. Most sump pits also incorporate a sump pump cover for safety and aesthetics.
- A float or switching device is responsible for monitoring the level of water inside the sump pit. When the water level begins to increase, it will activate the switch, which powers the sump pump.
- The basement sump pump itself may be submerged inside the pit, or located on a pillar that keeps it out of the water. Regardless of the type of pump you have installed, once it is activated, it will draw water out of the pit and discharge it through a drainage pipe to the exterior of your home. This prevents flooding; the sump pump will operate until the float or sensor deactivates it once more.
Major Benefits of Sump Pump Installation
Sump pumps offer valuable insurance against a flooded basement or crawl space. If you’re considering getting a basement sump pump near Baltimore, Budget Waterproofing Inc. provides sump pump installation services. We also specialize in sump pump repair so you never have to worry about having a wet basement.
- A sump pump is a one-time purchase that will continue working for you to prevent home flooding. This can help you save money by avoiding costly repairs and replacement of property that has been damaged by flooding or mold.
- Your sump pump will work even while you aren’t home to protect your property. Because sump pumps activate automatically, you can rest assured that your home is safe from flooding, even while you’re asleep or away.
- Sump pumps add both value and usable space to your home. Because you won’t have to worry about flooding, you can store items in your basement or crawl space without fear, reducing clutter and improving comfort in your other living spaces.