Basement Waterproofing in Baltimore
Basement waterproofing is a vital step in protecting the value of your
home and the health of your family. Waterproofing may include many solutions,
such as removing existing water in your basement, sump pump installation,
adding exterior drainage, and using a dehumidifier regularly. The basement
contractors at Budget Waterproofing, Inc. can help you address basement
flooding and moisture issues with professional mold removal, sump pump
maintenance, and other solutions to achieve a waterproof basement near
Why You Shouldn't Ignore a Wet Basement
A wet basement isn't just a temporary issue that can be ignored. Water
in your basement is a sign of a much larger problem that must be addressed
by a professional basement waterproofing contractor.
- One of the most significant reasons you should never ignore a wet basement
is the health implications of standing water in your home. Mold can begin
growing within just 24 hours of moisture penetration, leading to poor
air quality inside your home that can exacerbate allergies, asthma, and
other respiratory issues. Pests such as mice, birds, raccoons, and insects
are also attracted by a ready source of water, causing a mess and potentially
exposing your family to disease via urine, droppings, or physical contact
with infected animals.
- A wet basement is a sign that water can easily penetrate the structure
of your home. Water in your basement may also indicate unstable soil around
your foundation. This can lead to settling and damage that affects your
foundation and the other structural elements of your home, including walls
and floors. Ignoring a wet basement could leave you to deal with widespread
repairs or replacement of many of the elements of your home.
Wet Basement Statistics
Even if you've never experienced a problem with water in your basement,
it could only be a matter of time. According to the various home inspection
and flood protection agencies,
- more than 60% of all U.S. homes with basements have existing moisture problems
at any given time.
- up to 90% of all new homes that include basements will develop basement
water problems within 10-15 years of construction.
- approximately 38% of homes that develop moisture problems in the basement
subsequently develop mold in the basement and require professional mold
removal and remediation.
- over the course of a 30-year mortgage, your chances of suffering a flooded
basement are more than five times greater than your chances of suffering a fire.
Modern basement waterproofing techniques and sump pump installation can
save you from a wet basement and the many problems it brings. Call Budget
Waterproofing Inc. at (410) 609-1240 to discuss basement waterproofing,
mold remediation, and sump pumps in Baltimore today.
- Get a free 1/3rd horsepower Zoeller™ sump pump when you ask us to
waterproof your entire basement.
- Get 50% off your battery back up or water jet back up when we waterproof
your entire basement.
- Financing offered at 0% interest for those with approved credit. 6.99%
conventional financing available.