Mold Inspection in Baltimore, MD
Mold can begin to grow within 24 to 48 hours of exposure to ideal conditions, such as warm temperatures and abundant moisture. Because mold can take root and grow quickly after a leak or flood, professional mold removal near Baltimore is vital to protect your property and your health from mold growth. Budget Waterproofing, Inc. is here to respond with fast mold remediation and basement or crawl space waterproofing to eliminate water and mold damage and prevent it from recurring in the future.
Signs You Need Mold Removal
Mold growth is a serious issue that can cause property damage and put your health at risk. Having a mold inspection to spot the signs that prompt mold removal is needed will protect your home and your family from the effects of ongoing mold exposure.
- Visible mold growth is an obvious sign that it’s time to call a mold removal expert. Even if the mold colonies you see are small, they could be only the apparent portion of a much larger problem hidden behind walls or floors. Additionally, small colonies will expand quickly, spreading to cause more damage to your home.
- An increase in mold-related allergy symptoms, such as sneezing, congestion, headaches, and coughing, could indicate the widespread presence of mold. Family members with asthma may also experience an increase in symptoms or discomfort.
3. Any leak or flooding that has occurred in your home and left standing water present for more than two days means you should contact a mold removal company for an inspection.
Even if mold growth has not yet occurred, your mold remediation service will help you take steps to prevent mold growth and protect your home.
Mold Testing Factors
Knowing how to get rid of mold is not an easy task. Mold remediation is a multi-step process that treats visible and hidden mold growth to prevent further spread of mold and mildew. If you require a mold inspection or cleaning near Baltimore, call Budget Waterproofing, Inc. today so our team can determine if you need professional mold remediation.
- The most important step in mold remediation is identifying the cause of the mold. While removing mold will eliminate the problem you are currently facing, failing to address the root cause of mold growth will result in recurrence and the need for additional mold removal.
- If you’ve discovered mold growth at home, your entire home should be thoroughly inspected to identify all areas of mold contamination. Leaving areas untreated will only allow the mold to return after cleaning.
- Materials that can be cleaned and reused are treated to eliminate all traces of mold. Items or materials that are extensively damaged or are porous enough to retain mold should be replaced to prevent mold recurrence.